Our company is growing its clientele, and we have several excellent opportunities available.
Knight Abbey promotes cross-training. The ability to continue to learn and use new software on an ongoing basis is highly recommended and encouraged. We firmly believe that giving you the tools to further your knowledge and extend your abilities is a benefit to both you and the company. When you grow, we grow.
Experienced and entry level positions available. Salary commensurate with experience/work history.
One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job: Folder Operator
- Review job ticket for instructions and set up folder.
- Operate folder.
- Set-up folder for special processes, as needed.
- Operate hand and electric walk-behind lift trucks.
- Maintain equipment and repair / service as needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- Previous printing experience, specifically in finishing, is helpful.
- Proven mechanical ability required.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Limited overtime, as needed.
Job: Press Helper
- Assist press operators as assigned in the set-up, clean-up, and running of presses.
- Monitor quality of finished product according to standards.
- Refer quality problems or product errors to press operator or supervisor for resolution.
- Prioritize work schedule as necessary to minimize production downtime and to meet order completion date.
- Follow safety procedures and assist the press operators in the upkeep of the work area.
- Act as backup to other production staff as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good verbal communication skills are necessary to interact with press operators and other staff to complete assignments.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position, walking or standing most of a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication.
- Ability to read a ruler.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to perform manual duties and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive work assignments.
- Experience in a production environment helpful.
Job: Prepress Specialist / Graphic Designer
If you have an eye for design and are detail-oriented, we would love to speak with you. A degree or comparable background in graphics melds beautifully in the Prepress environment.
As a Prepress Specialist, you are the first line of defense in quality print control.
- You will review electronic files that are received from customers and check them for common production problems.
- You will help guide customers in the creation of completed files that are compatible with our Workflow and communicate to the CSR, customer, and/or production personnel of possible issues and recommend fixes.
- You will generate prepress proofs in digital format to approximate the appearance of the final printed piece and upload files to a prepress server for proofs to be sent to the customer for final approval.
- The position does come with occasional design work, but the majority of what we do is make our customer shine.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to work with various graphic design and layout software applications commonly used on Macs and PCs.
- A thorough understanding of digital file formats (pdf, tiff, eps) from different operating systems (Mac and PC) is required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software is a must.
- Color management skills and an understanding of the offset printing process, how one color affects another, and experience with imposition software are all very helpful.
If you are interested in any of the listed positions, we encourage you to
You may also fax your resume to 228.702.3262, Attn: Charlotte, if you prefer.